Coming Home

I’m in the Houston airport on my way back home from Arizona, and I thought I could write a little bit about my trip.

I got there on Friday night… pretty uneventful.

Saturday- I woke up, hung out for a little bit at my dad’s apartment, and then my dad and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings. The reason this is significant is because we were meeting my brothers there. I have two brothers that have lived in Tucson their whole lives, and I have only met one of them one time back when I was about 9… therefore, I consider this the first time I have ever met either one of them. Their names are Danny and Russell Barry. They are each in their mid 20’s. It was really cool getting to finally meet them. In my opinion, I’m exactly like Danny. I could tell that he was my blood brother. Russell is married to a girl named Candice, which I kind of thought was ironic… maybe it’s just me… After meeting them, my dad and I went to go see the Dark Knight. It was just as amazing the second time. Anyone wanna go see it a third time? Just let me know! After the movie, we headed home to watch the UFC fight. My boy Anderson Silva took care of business in less than two minutes. It was sweeeet!

Sunday- We woke up Sunday and got some stuff together. We hopped in a rental car and took off for the Grand Canyon. The drive was either incredibly interesting or absolutely boring. We were either 6,000 feet high in the middle of mountains and up in the clouds, or we were driving for miles and miles with nothing to see in the middle of the desert. It only took about 5 hours to get there, which went faster than you would think. Once we got there, we checked in to our hotel, and set out around the little town that is on the edge of the Grand Canyon park. It was cool seeing how they had that little town in the middle of nowhere just because the Grand Canyon was there. We even went to an IMAX movie about the Grand Canyon. This movie was the most watched IMAX movie of all time, and it was pretty cool. After the movie, we went back to the hotel and watched the ESPYs and then headed to bed.

Monday- Monday was a long day.
On Monday, we woke up about 8 or 9 and got ready to go check out the Grand Canyon. We finally got over there about 10…the first view was absolutely amazing! I walked over a little hill, and then there it was. They said that on the clearest day, you can see about 250 miles! It was unreal. Pictures could not explain how big this thing really is. There was few weird things about the Grand Canyon and the town that was there at the park. Hardly anyone spoke English… I heard more people speaking French and German and all those Asian languages than I heard people speaking English. I felt like I was a tourist in Europe and not an American in America. Another thing was that there were hardly any rails at the Grand Canyon. In case you didn’t know, there are a ton of cliffs at the Grand Canyon. Some are only three of four thousand feet high… some are over eight thousand feet high. Instead of putting safety rails up, they just have signs everywhere… signs that say “If you get to close to the edge, you could fall off and you will die”. Pretty strange… Well, after hanging out at the Grand Canyon for a few hours, we jumped in the car and went to Phoenix, where my beloved Chicago Cubs were playing the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field. Can I just say…my dad is awesome! He got us sixth row seats behind the Cubs dugout, and we got there as soon as batting practice started, so during batting practice, I got to sit on the Cubs dugout and watch them warm up only a few feet in front of me. It was awesome! All my favorite players were about 10 feet away. They aren’t much for signing autographs… probably because there were easily over 1,000 people wanting one, and if they signed one and not everyone else’s, those people would have went crazy. The game on the other hand…not so good. The Cubs only got two hits, didn’t score a run, and lost 2-0. The Diamondbacks weren’t so good either. They only got two hits, a home run and a triple. Not the most exciting game, but still it was awesome to be there to see it. After the game, we drove another 2 hours back home to Tucson to go home.

Tuesday- We hung out for the most part all day. That night, we got ready and went to the Tucson Sidewinders versus the Iowa Cubs game…the minor league teams for the teams that I saw the night before. This time, we had seats on the Cubs dugout. It was pretty cool. Plus, this guy was making a rehab start at the game to rehab his hand, and he was about five feet away from me all the time. The Cubs were up 4-1 going into the bottom of the ninth, but they gave up 3 in the 9th and one in the 10th to lose the game, 5-4. It was a great game though. After the game, we went by my dad’s ex-wife’s house to pick up something. The reason this is significant… She is 138 cats. That is not a typo or an exaggeration of me trying to be funny. She actually used to have more, but now she is at 138 cats. I went in the house just to see it, and it was unreal. There were cats everywhere… in the sink, on the cabinets, in the entertainment center, in the couches, in the windows… everywhere. They even have their own room in the back of the house. I went back there to check it out, and there had to be 50 cats in one room alone. It was wild!

Wednesday- I’m on my way home as we speak. Time for me to go… my flight is boarding.

If you read all of this, then you are awesome.


2 Responses to “Coming Home”

  1. Chuck a.k.a. POPS Says:

    The four days I spent with you were the BEST four days I have had in about a year. I miss you so much and have become just about numb through it. I am so stoked that I am moving back to Memphis and look forward to seeing and hanging with you on a semi regular basis!!!!!!!

  2. Toni Marie Says:

    I just wanted to say that I read this so I must be awesome. And why in the world did they not put safety rails at the Grand Canyon?! That’s insane. Do they have a tally of deaths caused by falls?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: